The world of charities has moved on in the fifty years since the Woolmen Company established its Charitable Trust and it has therefore changed its name, legal form and the trustees. The charitable objectives remain unchanged.
The Company’s Charitable Trust is now known as The Woolmens Company Charitable Incorporated Organisation.
The objects of The Woolmens Company Charitable Incorporated Organisation are:
- The advancement of education and science in relation to wool. This will include wool growing, shearing, wool products, wool applications, veterinary practices and procedures.
- The advancement of environmental protection, health and the saving of lives, in relation to wool growing, wool products, wool applications, and global environmental issues in wool processing procedures.
- The support of initiatives to promote and to preserve the heritage and traditions of wool and the wool industry.
- The advancement of community development and fostering of relationships with the City of London and its community including the Livery movement and related charities.
- The promotion of the efficiency of the armed forces of the Crown and the Company Affiliations to the Armed Forces of the Crown once they have been approved by the Court through an MOU.
Legacies and Donations
Please contact The Clerk if you would like to leave a legacy to The Trust or make charitable donations.
These have included: –
- A lottery for a scholarship fund
- Blind auctions
- Postal auctions (for the Woolmen’s Teddy Bear)
- Charitable fundraising events (the Master will be abseiling in aid of the Lord Mayors appeal on Tuesday 19th June…)
You can find more information by using the links below.